Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Fair and Carnival Weddings

Yesterday's post got me thinking about fair themed weddings. As I was looking for pictures to fill in a fair themed inspiration board, I realized that there is a difference (to me) between a fair themed wedding and a carnival themed wedding.

My idea of a fair themed wedding is full of warm cider and hot cocoa. It is held in late September or October. All the decor has hay bales, corn stalks, pumpkins, etc. It is not a Halloween wedding, just fall and outdoors. When I think of it, it makes me feel all cozy and warm inside. Here is my inspiration board for a fair theme. One thing I couldn't find was hay bales, but I envision that being crucial.



I would TOTALLY do one of these weddings if I could, but hopefully I will be teaching away with my own class, so I don't believe that it will be possible. *sad face*

My idea of a carnival wedding would be a summer wedding in July or August. It would have all kinds of lawn games and prizes and ferris wheel decor. There are all kinds of interesting snacks, such as corn dogs, ice cream, fried dough, whatever you think of when you think of carnival food. Here is what I came up with.



Peanuts are another thing that I think of. I wouldn't do this one as much as I would love to do a fair themed wedding, but it would be pretty cool! Hope you like these ideas! Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment