Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ribbon Flowers

Happy Tuesday!

A few weeks ago I came across this video on how to make ribbon flowers from Love, The Yes Girls. I got hooked on their blog before I was engaged because they mainly deal with proposals, but all the girls are either engaged or already married, so it is worth some time to check it out every now and then. Sometimes they have some nice things on there.

Anyway, these are the DIY instructions for the ribbon flowers that I wanted to try out.



So I made some with some old ribbon that I had lying around (and it just so happens to be right around autumn, so maybe I will make some more for festive decorations). It was so easy and to make one took about 30-50 seconds. I think that these are a winner! I would love to put some of these around the tables, or maybe hang them from the ceiling, or, I don't know. But making them is addictive and so fun, so I would like to use them for something.

Here are some that I made.



I definitely like the solid color rather than the patterned, but I wanted to show you a picture of both so that you could decide for yourself. 

I also made fabric flowers, but I didn't have any fabric, so I used a ribbon without the wire. This was ok, but I would use the fabric because it has a thicker and chunkier appearance that I like a lot better. All you have to do is tie a knot on the end and twist. Make sure that you glue while you twist, otherwise your flower will not stay together.


I attached it to a pencil so Josh could have it. I am sure that he appreciated it a lot. :) He did, however, like the idea of a "office garden" that he quickly set up so that we could snap a few pictures of his brilliant idea. 


If you happen to have a girlfriend (wait, fiancee, it's so cool to say that still!!) with lots of time on her hands (me) who can make you all kinds of ribbon flowers, then this is a pretty cool idea. It was Josh's idea to use the terra cotta planter as a pencil holder, which I like a lot. You may want to use one that has not been outside all season, though.

So that's my first "trial." I may have to make more of those flowers though. They are so fun to make. Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment