Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wedding Meeting: Week One

Wedding planning can consume me. Like, I sometimes think that there is something wrong with me because I can simply not think of anything else. This usually happens when I find an idea that is particularly inspiring or I am looking into vendors and like what I find. Unfortunately, usually my outlet is talking Josh's ear off about it. Now, he is a man that doesn't mind being involved in wedding planning, but he doesn't want to hear about it 24/7. It finally escalated to a disagreement that turned into a shouting match.

This is Josh when he comes home and I talk about weddings non-stop.

We decided that the best way to avoid this would be a "wedding meeting." We decided that one day a week for about an hour we would talk about wedding stuff. Today on the agenda was budget and date. We haven't officially set a date for the wedding yet. Whenever I would talk to vendors about pricing and services, I would either say summer of 2013 or just summer. I felt kinda embarrassed asking questions when it was so far in advanced. Today we finally picked a date, but haven't told many people to confirm it yet, so I am not going to post it here yet. But we are very excited. It is nice to finally know the date that we are going to get married. The feeling was similar to being engaged again, it was nice.

Second was budget. We had disagreed on the way to do a budget in the past. Today, I think that we finally found a way to do it in a way that we can both work with it. I am happy to say it was a successful first "wedding meeting."

I also don't think that I have posted what my budget is officially yet. I have thought about this a lot because I am not sure if I want everyone who reads this blog to know what I will be spending on my wedding, but then again, a big purpose of my blog is trying to do a budget wedding that is just as beautiful as ones that have generous budgets. So anyway, I decided to post it. My unofficial budget is $10,000. Not teeny, but not huge. I now pledge that I will have as gorgeous of a wedding as all of those that get published on other wedding blogs. So there!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! Also, that budget is going to be totally okay. I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete