Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My First DIY

... for the wedding! I considered a lot of different things: gifts, making cards, buying cards. Nothing really struck me, but I knew the minute that I saw these babies that they would be perfect. I was so excited to do these little boxes to ask my friends and family to stand up with me at my wedding. I got the idea from Project Wedding. I think I googled "will you be my bridesmaid ideas" or something like that.


The idea is that when you open the box an accordion of paper would fall and ask them to be my bridesmaid.

I went to Michaels to get all the supplies that I needed, which I do not have a picture of, unfortunately. But here are the things that I used:
  • Glue Dots
  • Jewelry boxes
  • Cardstock
  • Ribbon
  • Marker/pen
  • Any decorations that you would like to include (I had pearl tape and glittered designs)

First I cut all of the strips of paper out. It helps to have a paper cutter, but what would have really helped me would be one of those paper cutter attachments that doesn't completely penetrate the paper, but just makes a line that is easy to fold.


I wasn't too careful about the way that I folded it, I just made sure that all the squares were roughly the same size and that they would fit inside the box.

Then I wrote my message. It was the same for everyone, except for the adjectives that I used to describe them. I made a little chart so that I knew what I would say for who.


Once I wrote all of the message, I attached the little trinkets that I picked. I tried to have them correlate to the words that I used to describe them.


Then I just stuck a little Glue Dot inside the box and stick the paper to the top of the box so that the paper would fall when they opened the box.


I decided to leave the boxes the color that they were and not paint them like the tutorial that I followed did. The kraft brown was going to be a big part of my wedding, anyway. I finished it off with a little lace and a yellow ribbon. I made a small tag out of leftover blue cardstock and a silver stamp with their initials.


Everyone really liked them and I was so happy with the way that I asked. It was very me and personal for each person, which is exactly what I wanted. Yay!

*all pictures are personal

No comments:

Post a Comment